Huron Consulting Group Expands Offerings to Help Universities Align Enrollment Strategy with Academic Mission
Huron Education Acquires Slover Linett Higher Education Division to
“Universities are preparing their campuses for a future that includes
decreased government financial support, changing demographics, tighter
budgets, and increased global competition,” said
Huron recently acquired the Slover Linett higher education division to
enhance its quantitative and qualitative research for higher education
clients about the opinions and behaviors of prospective, admitted,
rejected, and current students. The addition bolsters Huron Education’s
existing Strategic Enrollment Alignment and
Huron Education partners with universities to enhance their strategies for enrollment management, student retention, and alumni engagement by:
- Improving coordination between the administrative and academic leadership of the university;
- Re-focusing attention on enrolling students that persist in their studies and graduate;
- Evaluating the student experience to identify barriers to persistence and utilizing that knowledge to enhance completion;
- Matching academic programming with enrollment, demand, and macroeconomic trends;
- Aligning instructional modalities and academic technologies with student learning styles and needs;
- Conducting research to understand the alumni experience and improve alumni participation by identifying and enhancing motivations for engagement and giving; and
- Utilizing data and analytics to boost the strategic planning process experience for university presidents, provosts, and chief financial officers.
“Universities are looking critically at their activities, and are often focusing on student recruiting to improve the fit of students enrolled for persistence and graduation,” said Shandy Husmann, managing director, Huron Education. “Formerly, universities had the resources to be many things to many different constituency groups. However, in these challenging financial times of constrained resources, universities are working to be more focused and have a smaller set of strategic priorities to execute.”
Huron Education’s solutions build upon the Company’s industry leading expertise in delivering quality operational, financial, and technology consulting to the higher education marketplace. For more information on Huron Education’s solutions for universities, visit: www.huronconsultinggroup.com/highereducation.
About Huron Education
Huron Education is the premier provider serving the unique needs of the higher education industry. Our team of professionals, each with extensive knowledge and experience in the business of higher education and academic medical centers, delivers comprehensive services to the industry and partners with institutions to improve business performance across the enterprise. Our professionals draw from their experience working in the strategic, financial, operational, and regulatory aspects of higher education to develop and implement the most effective consulting and software solutions. Huron Education has helped more than 90 of the nation’s top 100 research institutions improve their performance so they can continue their traditions of extraordinary achievement. Learn more at www.huronconsultinggroup.com/highereducation or follow us on Twitter: @Huron.
Huron Consulting Group
Jennifer Frost Hennagir, 312-880-3260