Huron Consulting Group Appoints Dr. David Dranove, Kellogg Graduate School of Management Professor, to its Academic Council
"Dr. Dranove is a recognized thought leader on the economics of healthcare, and he will bring significant insights to Huron's Academic Council," said Jeffrey S. Gray, PhD, managing director for Huron Consulting Group, who leads the economic consulting group.
Dr. Dranove, who received his BA and MBA from Cornell University and his PhD in Business Economics and Policy from Stanford University, has been a professor with the Kellogg School of Management for more than 15 years. He is the associate editor of several health and economics publications, such as the Journal of Health Economics and the RAND Journal of Economics. His current projects include The Effect of Quality Report Cards on Health Care Markets and Hospital Consolidation: Reassessing Performance.
Huron's Academic Council is comprised of economics, accounting, and finance professors from nationally acclaimed universities. The Council members address matters of importance in economic litigation and related academic research. Council members also provide expert testimony in economic litigation in their areas of expertise.
The Academic Council is compromised of professors from across the country:
- Edward A. Snyder, George Pratt Schultz Professor of Economics and Dean of the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago. Dr. Snyder serves as the chairman of the Council.
- Michael Bradley, F.M. Kirby Professor of Investment Banking at The Fuqua School of Business, and Professor of Law at Duke University.
- Paul Farris, Landmark Communications Professor of Business Administration and Co-Director of the E-Business Initiative at the Darden School, University of Virginia.
- James Hughes, Thomas Sowell Professor and Chair of Economics at Bates College.
- James Levinsohn, Associate Dean of the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Professor of Public Policy at the Ford School, Professor of Economics at the University of Michigan, and a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER).
- Tracy Lewis, Martin L. Black Professor of Economics and Director of the Innovation Center at The Fuqua School of Business, and Professor of Law at Duke University.
About Huron Consulting Group
Huron Consulting Group helps clients effectively address complex challenges that arise in litigation, disputes, investigations, regulatory compliance, procurement, financial distress, and other sources of significant conflict or change. The Company also helps clients deliver superior customer and capital market performance through integrated strategic, operational, and organizational change. Huron provides services to a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, medium-sized businesses, leading academic institutions, healthcare organizations, and the law firms that represent these various organizations. Learn more at www.huronconsultinggroup.com.
Jennifer Frost Hennagir, Director
P (312) 880-3260
F (312) 583-8701